Spirit AeroSystems > Expertise > Fabrication > Parts Perfection
Solutions for Parts Perfection
Most people know Spirit AeroSystems for its major aerostructures design, manufacturing and assembly. Spirit is also one of the largest fabricators of complex components in the world, producing more than 38,000 different detailed parts a day supporting commercial and defense customers.
Multiple Sites and Skills
Spirit’s fabrication expertise continues to grow in locations across the globe, including the U.S., Scotland and Malaysia. Our skills are comprehensive and apply to every area of aircraft manufacturing.
- Sheet metal fabrication, including stretch and hydro forming, roll, hammer, profiling and more.
- Skin fabrication processes include skin stretch forming up to 1,500 tons, laser scribe and chemical milling.
As composite applications expand, so do the methods for producing composite structures. Spirit offers a broad spectrum of processes for manufacturing to meet customer needs from large aerostructures—including fuselages, pylons, nacelles and more—to custom part fabrication.
Centers of Excellence
With locations dedicated to 3-, 4- and 5-axis machining, Spirit has the capability to produce and process parts with the highest quality and speed.
- 5-axis capabilities for complex fuselage, pylon and wing structures. Including high-speed aluminum fabrication up to 23 feet and seat track machining.
- 3- and 4-axis machining with a range of hard metal capabilities and multi-spindle machines.
“If you’re looking for production solutions, visit our facilities, walk the floor and talk to our people. You’ll see the vast capabilities, investments in the latest technology and equipment, meet some of the most experienced engineers, machinists and technicians, and walk away with an understanding of why Spirit is focusing on fabrication.”
– Katie Wesbrooks, Dir. of Fabrication Program Management